2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
1 clamshell (5 ounces) baby spinach
1 cup Red DuckⓇ Actually Spicy Taco Sauce
½ cup crushed canned tomatoes
Eight 8” flour tortillas, slightly warmed
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 400℉. Lightly oil a 13 x 9” baking dish.
2. In a large skillet heat oil over medium. Add onion and pepper and saute until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, and salt and cook 1 minute more. Stir in beans and spinach, cover the skillet, and cook until spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes.
3. In a bowl mix together taco sauce and canned tomatoes. Spread ½ cup taco sauce mixture in bottom of baking dish.
4. Working with one tortilla at a time, lay tortilla on countertop and place about ⅓ cup spinach filling in a strip in center of tortilla. Roll up and lay seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
5. Pour remaining taco sauce mixture over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until enchiladas are heated through and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
6. Sprinkle with cilantro.